Pension Forms


Pension Application

ACH Direct Deposit Form

W4P Federal Tax Witholding Form

Information Change Form

Summary Plan Description

Disablity Requirements and Statement

Requirements and QDRO Model

Annual Funding Notice

Annual Statement of Benefits Form

Suspension of Benefits

Retirees Calendar 2015

Retiree Calendar 2016

Social Security Equalization and Election

Joint Pension Plan Retiree Letter



If I retire now, when will I get my first check?
Current processing time depends in our receipt of all completed documents. We recommend that you apply at least 2 months in advance of when you want to receive your first check. Benefits are paid on the first of the month following 30 days after receipt of your completed application.
At what age can I retire?

Normal retirement age is defined as the later of age 62 or the fifth anniversary date of participation in this Plan. If you have left Covered Employment and you have five (5) years of vesting service you may begin benefits the first of the month following your 62nd birthday (provided your application and necessary forms are received in time at the Fund Office). If you have ten (10) pension credits or ten (10) eligibility credits, including at least one (1) pension or eligibility credit earned during periods when employer contributions are made on your behalf, you may begin your benefit as early as age 52, with a reduction for retiring early. Your early retirement benefit equals the factor from the following table for the age at which payment of your retirement benefit begins multiplied by the amount of the benefit that would be paid at age 62:


Screen Shot 2013-05-01 at 11.28.45 AM

Screen Shot 2013-05-01 at 11.31.09 AM

If I separate from Covered Employment, what will happened?
If you separate from Covered Employment, and do not have a right to a vested Plan benefit when you separate, you must accumulate a minimum of 250 Hours of Service with a participating Employer within five (5) Plan Years (January 1 to December 31) in order to prevent a Permanent Break in Service (this rule applies to Breaks in Service on or after January 1, 1985). If you do not accumulate this required number of Hours of Service within the designated number of Plan Years, then all your service will be cancelled.
Can I pay into my own pension fund or make a withdrawal?
NO, the United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 655 Food Employers Joint Pension Plan is a multi-employer defined benefit Plan funded entirely by Employer Contributions pursuant to Collective Bargaining Agreements. Under the terms of the Plan, a Participant’s only entitlement to assets is the right to receive a pension upon satisfying the age and service requirement for a pension. There are no separate accounts set up for individual participants; therefore, a Participant can make no withdrawal of Employer Contributions.
What types of documents do I need?
You MUST GIVE PROOF OF YOUR AGE to the Fund Office when filing your application. We will only accept a Birth Certificate or a Baptismal Record (copies accepted) as proof of age. If you leave a benefit to your spouse, you must also provide proof of your spouse’s age and a marriage certificate as proof of your marriage. If you are a FEMALE retiring – you must give proof – tracing your name from birth until now. EX: Birth certificate – maiden name, marriage certificate – showing how your maiden name changed to your current name. If you have been married more than once you must show proof of how that marriage began and ended (divorce decree or death certificate).
Can my monthly benefit be direct deposited into my bank account?
Yes, the United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 655 Food Employers Joint Pension Plan can provide your pension benefit payments by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). You may have your monthly benefit deposited into a checking or savings account of your choice. The Direct Deposit form is provided with your pension application. If you need to change banks, call the Fund Office for a new direct deposit form.
Can I have taxes withheld from my monthly pension check?
Yes, the United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 655 Food Employers Joint Pension Plan will withhold Federal Taxes from your monthly benefit. You may elect to have the pension system calculate your federal taxes, or you can specify a dollar amount or percentage you would like to have withheld, or you can choose to have no federal tax withheld at all. You may change this amount at any time by calling the Fund Office.


United Food & Commercial Workers Union Local 655 Food Employers Joint Pension Plan Retirees

Here is information on the Retirees Club of Local 655, hoping this will entice you to join our club. This is a social club which will enable you to continue friendships made while working and also to make new friends. As a retiree, we have survived the working years, now let us get together and enjoy our retirement years.PURPOSE OF THE ORGANIZATION
A) To establish a means through which UFCW retirees may join together to make a more useful contribution to their community and the nation.
B) To provide retirees with an opportunity for social and recreational activity.
C) To keep retirees more informed of economic, social and political developments which will affect their lives.
D) The spouse of a deceased member is welcome as an associate member by paying the regular dues.MEETINGS AND LUNCHEONS
Meetings and luncheons are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month starting at 10:00 a.m. in the meeting hall at the Union Office. You may invite your spouse or a friend to attend with you.Dues are $2.00 per month and must be paid annually or semi-annually. The semi-annual dues of $12.00 must be paid by the March meeting to qualify you to attend the free picnic in June. (New members will discuss this matter with the Treasurer when they register). The balance of the semi-annual dues of $12.00 must be paid before September to qualify for the Christmas Party. Special Note: The full $24.00 yearly dues must be paid before September to be eligible for the Christmas Bonus given by the Club at the Christmas Party.Luncheon: Monthly luncheon cost is $7.00.
Free Lunches: June – picnic, December – Christmas PartyIf you have any questions, suggestions or special interests, do not call the union office, please call any of the board members listed below:

President Craig Stankovich 636-284-7774
1st Vice President Bernie Garvels 314-353-2935
2nd Vice President Alice Haub 314-432-1797
Secretary Pamela Rodgers 314-845-2966
Treasurer Sharon Dragschutz 314-831-5131
Assist Treasurer Barb Rohr 314-961-3848
Sergeant at Arms Bob Wonish 314-426-0798
Trips Doris Wonish 314-426-0798
Food/Entertainment >Alice Haub 314-432-1797
Asst. on Food Joan & Frank Zucol 314-843-5101
Cards Joyce Johnson 636-207-7596


Additional Questions?

Please call the Fund Office during our regular hours (8am-4pm Monday-Friday) at 636-394-6500 or toll free at 1-800-882-6560 and ask to speak with a Pension Representative.

Nothing in this statement is meant to interpret or change in any way the provisions expressed in the Plan. Only the full Board of Trustees is authorized to interpret the Pension Plan described in this statement. No Employer or Union nor any representative of any Employer or Union, in such capacity, is authorized to interpret this Plan nor can any such person act as agent of the Trustees. The Trustees reserve the right to amend, modify or discontinue all or part of this Plan, whenever, in their judgment, conditions so warrant. All requests for information regarding benefits must be made to the Plan Office in writing.

The questions provided in this statement apply to employees who have contributions made to the Fund on their behalf on or after January 1, 1997. The right to benefits of any Employee of an Employer participating in the Plan shall be determined solely by the provisions of the Plan as it existed on the last day of employment for which contributions were made to the Fund.

For additional information regarding the United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 655 Food Employers Joint Pension Plan please click on the link for the Summary Plan Description.

If you have any questions regarding your pension or pending retirement, please call Kathy George at (636) 736-2741, or Tonia Wolff at (636) 736-2769.

The Pension Department can also be reached via email:
Tonia Helfrich:
Kathy George:


300 Weidman Road, Ballwin, MO. 63011 | 636-394-6500 | 800-882-6560 | Fax: 636-394-5006